Monday, July 21, 2008

A Journey of Self Searching

I'm determined to find the something that is my calling. For both me and Johnny, our material needs are easily taken care of. We know we can get by with fairly little.

This morning, I was once again trying to organize a meeting for several bigshots of the company and it really makes me depressed. Why I really hate this activity is a bit of a mystery. It's not so much that it's secretarial work but the fact that these people are just not very cooperative. Or rather their schedules are packed too tightly and we are unable to get them for urgent and important meetings. It's true that it's on short notice but there are decisions that need to be made. The company moves like an emcumbered dinosaur, where the top execs are too busy attending to every small detail that there is no time for other things. There's always meetings after meetings to attend. Everything is done in a committee form. And the departments fight among themselves to safeguard their own interests which I feel are not necessarily aligned with that of the shareholder.

So I still dunno why it pains me to do this. Maybe it's just dull work...
__________________________________________________________

No comments: