Thursday, September 15, 2005

Moving in a Month

Didn't have much time to blog lately. No further progress towards my impending marriage. I'm starting to think we can stay going-to-get-married for the next five years. Oh fine, may be not. The 'rents will probably kill us first (using the ever powerful incessant nagging) before that happens. I'm kinda waiting for the big move to the new place so I can hold the registration ceremony there. It's not that I'm hoping to have this romantic I don't know what there but that's the only way I can get registered on a weekend.

Somehow, all the things I wanted to say seems so boring. My life just sounds boring. Either that or I'm just horrible at making them sound terrific. But I guess it's hard to make reading, playing table tennis and being in love sound fantastic without risking sounding too cheesy. One thing that would really make it all better is having my own kitchen. We are both missing my erratic cooking and I really hate to cook in someone else's kitchen. Ooo, this weekend, I'm looking forward to cooking chili con carne!

Will also be furniture shopping for our rooms in the new place this weekend. We already have some key pieces in mind like the platform bed and L-shaped sofa but the rest of our rooms are still unknown. Well except the wall color which me and his mum decided on yesterday. I hope lavender doesn't come out too gay for the bedroom. The lounge/games room will be a neutral magnolia. The bedrooms have this yucky sandy brown parquet floors which I really wish could be stained black or dark brown but that would set us back by probably two thousand dollars ++.
My conclusion is that I'm so not an interior designer. Shall see if I get inspired this weekend. Must remember to bring my camera out!
__________________________________________________________

No comments: