Monday, November 13, 2006

Quarterly Life Crisis

How ironic that after my maiden post promising more to come was followed by a half month of silence, choked by the great furious monster called Work. Between work and my second life on World of Warcraft, I sometimes find there's little time for much else. I do enjoy my time playing with him by my side in both the virtual and real world, but the daily raids (Wow speak for a team of players getting together to kill monsters) and work that I bring home have started to consume the precious nights.

The stress from the extra responsibility at work has started to build up as well. Almost everyday, I would wake up to a horrified dread to get to work, knowing that my overseas education has caged me for another 2.5 years to go. Not that I regret doing the tradeoff -- after all I met my life mate there. It's surreal to think that the whole stream of events in my life brings me to where I am today. If I had not met him, would I have found another person to love and cherish?

I find myself yearning to be free of this bondage though I can only look enviously at those who've moved on to better places. I've been thinking about what I would really like to do but truth be told, I don't know. I want to find something I enjoy doing and pour my heart into it. But I just can't seem to find out what I really want to do. At this point, even being a stay-at-home-mum sounds pretty appealing.

No comments: