Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Taking Charge

As is my wont, I've been vaccilating between periods of low, depressed self-loath and a sense of worth and purposefulness. Thankfully the doldrums are over for now and I feel renewed with energy to get things done. One of the things that I got inspired to do all of a sudden is to dress professionally. According to an article, people who dresses more professionally have a higher tendency to get promoted. I guess that's somewhat part and parcel of the acting and looking the part strategy.

In my current company, people tend to dress fairly casually with minimal make-up etc. With some effort, I've begun to incorporate at least some blush and lipstick into my daily look. Except that I still feel shy to refresh my lip colour in the middle of the day >_< So yes, I have red luscious lips in the morning and pale ghastly ones at the end of the day. So much for professionalism there.

The other thing I've been wanting to do is to get some formal pencil skirts. Somehow none of the ones I tried looked flattering on me. It's odd but when I tried on some bottoms at G2000, I could fit into most of the size 34 skirts but a size 36 pants was absolutely horrendously tight on me. What's up with their sizing?!? I would really think about tailoring some but I'm not willing to invest in that right now. Will have to strive onwards to hunt for respectable looking skirts and pants.

I'll have to try my utmost to dress up my darling as well since he himself couldn't be bothered. Well, not quite dress up. But he definitely need some new shirts. Oh boy, sounds like my brother. Men!
__________________________________________________________

No comments: