Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm a Wow Addict?

Was reading another guys WoW blog and he admitted to being a WoW addict. When I read the things that he does, I have to say that I was not much different... Does that make me an addict as well? Here's a run through of my usual weekly routine.

During workdays, I log on to the game and check my in-game auctions when I get home. After dinner, this is usually done at 8 or 9pm. My guild's raid group starts to form at 9pm. The raid will then proceed till 12 midnight, plus or minus 20 mins. Thereafter, I get ready for bed, wake up at 7:30am, go to work, come home and rinse, repeat. On tuesdays, the game server goes off for maintenance so I have some "me" time. More often than not, I waste it surfing, playing Might and Magic or perhaps occasionally doing something productive like studying.

Weekends, I spend most of my time in-game. Saturday morning is arena time with 2 or 4 other people. The rest of the day is spent either doing pvp (player vs player) or levelling my alts. At 9pm, raid starts again. Sunday, same deal except morning is spent on a 10-man dungeon, Kara (though this seems to have been called off. Most people probably don't need the stuff from there any more). I also spend one of the afternoons studying for my CFA course.

So, practically, 90% of my free time is spent on this one game. Am I addicted? I don't really think so. Johnny's in camp now, having his army reservist and I haven't been logging on for a while. I've been taking a couple of nights off from raiding here and there to take care of real life stuff for a change. I guess I conclude that I'm probably more addicted to playing together with Johnny than playing itself, though I did feel a sense of guilt for not helping my guild along.
__________________________________________________________

No comments: