Saturday, October 09, 2004

The last warm day...

I'm somewhat confused. On their size chart, a size 6 for GAP is 27 inch waist and 37 inch hips. Size 4: 26 waist and 34 hips. Unless the flannel skirt was meant to be "hipster", which I seriously doubt, no way is my waist less than 27. Trust me, I've measured it countless times with my handy Ikea paper measuring tape. Somehow or another the size 4 was a perfect fit. Maybe this is their marketing ploy. Enter shop --> pleasantly surprised that you've gone down a dress size -> you are happy -> you buy more of their "flattering" clothes. Anyway, I changed mine to a size 4 but I almost changed it for another colour as well. This one is in berry.



Same skirt in berryPosted by Hello


It was definitely a colour that goes well with other clothes but I don't know if it's too bright for my taste. I didn't like it when I first saw it but it looked pretty okay on me. Even darling who didn't really like it as much conceded that it was probably easier to match clothes with that. In the end I got the same cascade blue one instead. I guess I'm not really ready for bold pink yet. I don't know, what do you guys think of that color. I was thinking of wearing this skirt for the office next time.

Yesterday was one of the last days of good weather so we went to play basketball. By play basketball, I mean we stood around and shot hoops. Not I played a real game with real people. I don't think I stand a chance against guys -- I'm short, I can't shoot, I'm not fast. Pretty much everything that makes me useless except maybe I don't stand in my own team members way or step on their hand or something. I was inspired to run a couple of laps around the basketball court. Big mistake. My stamina is totally nil. I ran a grand total of errr 3 laps on the perimeter of 4 basketball courts and I was pooped. Out of breath, legs-tired. The likes. Played frisbee as well. We're getting pretty good at it :) After that, I just sat under a tree and read my book while Johnny,another Singaporean and a couple of Taiwanese played a couple of games.

No comments: