Monday, June 25, 2007

Personal Bubble

I remember I read somewhere a long time ago that everyone has their own personal bubble/ space whereby they are uncomfortable to share with those not close to their hearts. I remember it as a force shield around myself whereby if people invades it, my defence systems go up and I try to distance myself.

Blogs somewhat change the landscape a little as we learnt to share our life with potentially millions of strangers all over the world. The idea of personal space is vastly different. While I'm comfortable sharing my innermost thoughts, I find myself reluctant to put down anything that physically uniquely identifies myself. I guess I'm not sure I want acquaintances to know exactly how I think. The whole idea of that is somehow embarassing even though I don't say anything I wouldn't say normally. But I guess in a way I feel constrained by the potential audience to talk about personal life. That's one of the reasons why I was on a blog hiatus for so long


__________________________________________________________

No comments: