Monday, July 16, 2007

Straw on the Camel's Back

The last straw fell yesterday. And I woke up with a vengeful sense of purpose: To get out of here. The work load has been increasing and bosses more demanding. I've had enough of being bullied into putting in extra hours after work to cater to the whims of the management. I might be chained but that doesn't put me in slavery.

I think it's counterproductive to squeeze productivity out of your staff at the expense of their personal life. It's not healthy. I'm not healthy. Thinking about it, my acid reflux problem is related to stress. Ever since I took over this portfolio, I've not had much time for a breather. It was one project after another, one paper following the next. I'm tired.

Over the last month alone, I've thought of how I would have resigned in three separate occasions. For a while, I've even deluded myself into considering a future in this place, seduced by a false sense of complacency and familiarity. But no more. I've had enough.


__________________________________________________________

No comments: