Monday, March 14, 2005

Final Exam and my New(relaxing) Class Schedule

I really should be studying for my final exam that's on Thursday but since I really have no other commitments till then I figure I could relax a little.

Well, I sorta have to do the bulk of my studying by tomorrow night since I have to return the textbook on Wednesday. I initially ordered the textbook online and the fool website that took my order had to tell me a week later that actually they do not have it in inventory. Since this course is only 7 weeks long, I was reluctant to place another online order which would take up to 2 weeks to arrive. I didn't want to buy the brand new book from the store either coz it's a freaking $150 for a really really hefty book. The book itself is probably about 8lbs (~4Kg). The cost of me shipping that home would be more than grotesque.

So I ended up borrowing the older edition from the library and saving some cash. The problem with a library book is that somebody could place a recall request and I would have to return it. Luckily for me, (and unluckily for the dude that recalled my book), the book is due the day before my finals.

Anyway, I've dropped my supply chain class and confirmed that I still have the requisite credits to graduate. The course was just too much work for 3 credits. I'm glad I even have the option of dropping it instead of being stuck in it. Granted, I had to "pay" for that option by going for classes religiously for the past 6 weeks or so, but I also manage to learn the crux of the problem that ails supply chains. So I'd say it was time well invested. So onward with my reading project and personal finance self-study. Tomorrow, I will drop by at the B-School portfolio management class.

No comments: