Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Four years off the scale

It's been more than four years since I've measured my weight. Today, I finally obtained the verdict of 3 years and 7 months of the American diet.

It looks like mom was right and I did gain weight. The scales now pronouce me a good 122 pounds which is equivalent to 55kg. I think at the end of J2 I weighed about 114 pounds (52kg). So while I did gain weight, it's not quite the Freshman 15 that college kids or at least those in my uni were supposed to get with our orientation package.

I'm actually more surprised that I'm not tubbier than I am now, given the things I eat and my sedentary lifestyle. Even more surprising to me is my lack of real dismay over the weight gained. Granted, part of my brain is attributing some of those pounds to my pair of heavy jeans and shoes *grinz* I guess I'm really over that phase of my life where I'm unhappy with how I look.

I've also decided that I will not have a weighing scale in my home in the future. No point in purchasing something that will only be used once every 4 years after all. My brain it seems has grown accustomed to looking at each of my possible expenses critically and weighing (pun not intended) the returns of each investment. Yes, I'm horrible. I know :)

2 comments:

vyanne said...

Hee...Heard alot of horror stories of how people pile on when they go the American way . Upsize everythin. but u have not fallen to that, good for u. 3 kgs over four years is really not too bad...haha.

Read straits times yesterday and it says Asians have 5% more fats than Europeans of equivalent weight, and now for the healthy range the BMI for Asians has to be less than 22.9...Yepz. BMI index, the new index that everyone is obsessed with.

meeloop said...

Haha i think my BMI is like 22. Looks like I'm on the borderline.

Well, I'm supposed to get healthier and exercise anyway. I think I'm waaaay too weak sauce.