Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Get-by Age

My apologies for the quality of my writing. It partly has to do with me rushing them out at the office in between phone calls, work and other distractions. Sometimes I reread them and they make no sense at all. Instead of having a consistent thread of though drawn out from me, all I got is a bundle of knots.

I am getting annoyed with work again. Firstly, I just realized that this work that Finance passed to me had an error in it. Well we were short of one resource and they made a mistake in representing that as one additional...It's partly my fault for trusting their summarized number in the first place.But I had no time to look through it at all since I was rushing another project. So now I'm picking up the pieces. Then there was another suggestion by a. sales to move forward some of the resource without considering that a) we need a counter-movement to that to maintain our requirements and b) those are committed resources that we shouldn't move. Granted this fellow from a.sales is serving his 3 mths so there's probably no motivation to get it right. But I get annoyed with people who don't put in the effort. In a sense, I like the way I do things. I try to summarize the changes that I do so that it's easier for people to understand what I have been doing.

But it surprises me to see the attitude of those around me who do just enough to get-by. I guess I shouldn't be so annoyed because this is one feature that distinguishes the wheat from the chafe
__________________________________________________________

No comments: