Sunday, November 14, 2004

Akindled Passions

I was about to start on my homework when I saw a lined sheet of paper with my scrawl. It was something I wrote while sitting in class on Friday (obviously not paying attention) and I started thinking about what plot I could possibly use for my novel. Well, actually I thought about it on my way to class and when I was in class, I figured I shoud write it down before I forget. The theme was change - how different people view and handle change, about whether change is good. As a member of the movers club, I've been through three different countries and cultures. Going from not-very-swinging single to firmly attached was a significant change as well. I feel like I can actually write this book. Now I just have to think of a plot. And characters. And setting. Which is basically everything. Hrrrm. Doesn't sound that promising but I'm feeling optimistic about it somehow *beam*

The other thing I wrote was some ideas on how to formulate my MEng project as a simulation model. I didn't realize until now that I'm really looking forward to working on it. That I thought about it at the same time I worried about one of my greater passions, writing, was significant. At the very least, I liked my team members. I actually feel like I can trust them which is a far cry from my other group last year.

Well, probably won't be posting until Wednesday. Two prelims and a problem set between Monday to Wednesday. More of my quantity-not-quality ramblings later.

2 comments:

vyanne said...

Hee...will I be a character in your first book? Haha...
You can write really brilliantly ...makes me think about certain things at times after reading ur blog,:)
Keep it up! And i want a autographed one when ur book is out!

meeloop said...

Thanks for the encouragement. :) I feel like I have more confidence to write thanks to this blog and you guys who read it.