Thursday, November 18, 2004

Withdrawals

4 days away from my blog and I'm starting to experience verbal diarrhea. Firstly, ten thousand interesting things are begging to be said. Well at least they sounded interesting to my abused and traumatized, steamrolled- by- exams brain.

As I was typing out an email to my team members, I noticed how verbose it was. Part of the email was regarding our meeting with the advisor today. One of the team couldn't make it so I was providing an update (almost blow by blow) The summary of the 45 minutes meeting grew too long for an email so I had to put it in a word document. Then I was outlining what I think we should be working on and that became another mini essay in it's own right. I even wrote in point form. Dang it! I can only conclude that the few days of thinking in math and formula speak has resulted in withdrawal symptoms -- namely one excessive verbosity. Maybe not so much verbosity, I just seem to have lots of things to say. Wait, that's the same thing... errrm.... yeah.... it's good wordiness not bad. Like "good" cholestrol instead of "bad". Well, guess who's going to be working hard on the written part of our project? Might as well put this wayward talent to use.

Highlight of the week:
At the end of one of my prelims, the fire alarm went off. For a full 10 seconds, the students froze in their scribblings like deers caught in headlights and the prof looked stupendously at nothing. Nobody did anything. We stared at the professor and he stared back. It was actually quite a cinematic moment. Luckily, there was only 5 minutes of the exam left so he asked us to scribble down what we think we would have done, promising to curve the grades up a little.

I haven't read the time traveller's wife yet since I didn't have a chance to drop by at the library. I'm now reading A Thousand Orc by RA Salvatore. Been reading a lot of his books with the drow Drizzt Du'orden over the summer. Under the influence of darling, I've been reading a lot of fantasy books. But I've always enjoyed the fantasy genre just that I never knew what to read nor the time to do so. Next up, I'll talk about my MUD obsession :P After dinner maybe.

No comments: