Friday, April 15, 2005

Test Result: Normal

Whee! The results of my urine culture came back to confirm that it is normal. I had deduced (and probably deluded myself) that it was so by virtue of the fact that I didn't get a call etc telling me it wasn't. That's great news. So I'm finally free of this pesky infection.

I was somewhat surprised by the really low cost I had to pay for the antibiotics though. For 10 Cipro pills, the pharmacy bill came to $2.53. I could have sworn it cost me more than $15 the last time round. Maybe it has something to do with the shortage of the said pill the last time with the whole Antrax fiasco. Well, I'm not complaining.

It would be nice of course if the test results came back a little earlier. Instead of 3 weeks later. I wonder how much of it is paperwork. If the campus healthcare system is representative of the US systems, they need to do much better than that. While I was sitting in the waiting room for my prescription, there must have been at least 6 people who walked in the door bearing some test results. Given the cost of human labor, they need a more efficient way than walking up the stairs every time a document needs to be transferred.
__________________________________________________________

1 comment:

vyanne said...

Hmm, good for u babe. :)
U have been fighting this infection for some time, and now it is over. :)