Friday, September 24, 2004

Obsessed with all things girlish

I'm imbibing as much knowledge of cosmetics and clothing as I can before I actually start work. Except for the occasional lipstick/lipgloss (which actually only started at the beginning of this year), I usually go nude faced. I've never actually touched a mascara before. Have no idea how to style eyebrows. Infernally afraid of eyeliners. The last time I actually had foundation on was for a college performance when I was caked with the most horrifying amounts of blusher, foundation, ...everything. Under the harsh stage lights, I looked like the foxy mistress I was supposed to be. In reality, I looked a freak show on the loose. So yeah, that really didn't count as much of a make-up experience. It's proven that going without make-up makes you look young -- in a I'm-still-in-college-way. Actually the girls in college actually put on make-up 24/7, even when they are working out. Seeing a girl with her lashes laden with viscous mascara, while sweating (*aristocratic fake french accent* excusez moi, perspiring *end aristorcatic fake french accent* ) casually, is pretty odd. Kinda like my elephant in heels comparison. Or as the chinese proverb goes "sa ji yan yong niu dao" (read: you don't need a knife to kill a bull to slaughter a chicken)

*are cosmetics generally water-proof? Coz women generally do not carry bags which look like they can carry an umbrella. So women just stand and wait till the rain stops? But what if you have some place you really need to go to? Call your 7489875 boyfriends like a damsel in distress? Well, I guess alternatively, you could call for a cab

But anyway, the thing is I already look damn freaking young. I'm not particularly tall, I have a baby face and people say I'm cute. CUTE!!!!! Arrrrrrgh!!!! So yeah, I need clothes and make-up to proclaim that I'm like 23! That might help in reducing the number of times I get carded at bars or R(A) movies. Still remember that time at Zouk with e* where I was actually the eldest of the group of girls but ended up being the only one carded. Gah!

Well, as I do my "market" research, expect more posts about silly things like bags, shoes, clothes and make-up. Ha, tips would be welcomed too :P

No comments: