Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Skype

Okay, okay this is somewhat exciting. I've read about this company called Skype. It provides a VoIP service which is Voice over Internet Protocol. Basically, their software allows you to call other people over the internet. The sound quality is supposed to be pretty good and most importantly, the rates are cheap or not existent. Calling someone else who's using Skype is free while calling landlines aka home phones and mobile phones cost something like S$0.05/ min to call the Singapore.

The only thing you need besides the software is a speaker and microphone or a PC headset. I kinda want to try this out with one/some of you guys sort of as a test drive before I decide it's good and buy their credits to call home and also because it's been so long since we've actually heard each other's voice!. Hmmm I don't think I have a mike on my pc though, so I might have to buy a headset after all. Meanwhile you guys should go download Skype and "call" each other!!! My nick there is yanmonster. Ciao dudettes. Have fun!!!


No comments: